Sunday 1 August 2010

Clash of the Titans

I'm completely sick and tired of remake after remake of original classics by movie makers obsessed with proving how better they can do it (of course you can, technology is great) instead of thinking of new ideas. This attitude lead me to avoid watching Clash of the Titans until it's dvd release. I was happily surprised when from scene to scene I became more engaged in this mythical and beautifully imagined world.

While it sells itself completely on it's cinematography extremely well, the story line includes all the coolest greek mythology characters like Medusa, Pegasus and the Kraken. All the gods are accounted for and Ralph Fiennes' Hades is my favourite character. Just perfectly insidous and you gotta love a good bad guy.

I think the last greek mythology movie to be this fun was Disney's Hercules. It's one of those movies that pretty much does what it says on the box. Designed to sit back and enjoy on a sunday afternoon with the popcorn flowing a plenty. Don't expect it to get intriguing as the predictability is on max factor 10 to the power of infinity.

I'm not completely sold on Sam Worthington just yet. He's in loads of stuff at the moment, but I'll hang on until he plays a more complex character.

No comments:

Post a Comment